From the editors of RedbookMag.com, stock your kitchen with these go-to eats and you’ll slim down with no huge effort required.
1. Artichokes because they are an ideal source of prebiotics, high in soluble fibers and protein.
2. Water because it fills you up so you eat less. Drinking it cold may even speed up your resting metabolism a bit.
3. Chocolate because it increases levels of feel-good hormones serotonin and dopamine in your brain, which has a calming effect so you’re less likely to keep eating to self-soothe.
4. Almond Butter because high-protein, high-fiber, and healthy-fat-packed nuts are filling and satisfying.
5. Cottage Cheese because it’s filling, has tons of protein and calcium, and is low in sodium so you don’t bloat.
6. Avocados because it suppresses healthy fats so it doesn’t spike blood sugar levels and can take up to six hours to digest.
7. Raspberries because they have more than 85 percent water volume to ward off dehydration and 8 grams of fiber per one-cup serving. I.e. helps keep you full.
8. Eggs because it enhances satiety, which lowers overall energy intake.
9. Spinach because it’s full of iron to help keep your energy levels up, allowing you to make better food choices.
10. Pickles because they satisfy a craving for something crunchy or salty, but have so few calories that you may burn more digesting them than eating them.