As soon as the weather hits 20 degrees, my cravings for iced tea exemplify. I love traditional black iced tea but I’m always on the lookout to try different types of teas with unique combinations.
I attended Teapigs cocktail mixer a few weeks ago and fell in love with one they were serving called Marrakesh Mocktail. They were kind enough to share the recipe with me so, it was only fair I share it with all of you. It’s made with green tea with peppermint and has the most refreshing taste. Enjoy!
- 15 oz. teapigs Marrakesh green tea with peppermint (4 tea temples) (chilled)
- 5 oz. Apple juice
- 2 ½ oz. Fresh lemon juice
- 2 ½ oz. Simple syrup*
- 9 dashes pineapple & star anise bitters
- Top with soda water to your liking
- Start by brewing some tea. To make the process easier, brew 4 cups of tea with 4 teapigs Marrakesh green tea with peppermint tea temples to ensure you have enough for the recipe. Steep for a bit longer than you would for a cup of tea to make sure the flavour stands out – 10 minutes.
- Once steeped, remove tea temples and allow to chill.
- Add all the ingredients, except the soda water, into an ice filled pitcher. Add garnish and stir until all ingredients are mixed.
- Top with ice and soda water. Pour into a Collins glass to serve.
*How To Make Simple Syrup: Pour equal parts water and sugar in a saucepan. 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water will make 1 ½ cups of simple syrup once dissolved. Stir the simple syrup and place the saucepan over medium heat. Heat ingredients until dissolved.