I think it’s safe to say that the majority of us are over the freezing temps that have not only dampened our moods, but have also dried out our skin. Obviously your skin is still in survival mode and may need a little help with the transition to happier and more hydrated times. In order for that bliss, follow these tips to make sure you spring forward right.
But before we move forward, I just want to say that I am not a skin expert. These are simply things that have worked for me in the past, as well as some facts I’ve found in my research.
1. Up your bath game. A great way to stay ultra-moisturized as we head into spring is to take more baths–and add your favourite essential oils and bath bombs, and just let yourself soak. Thank goodness for Lush, am I right?!
2. Ditch heavy moisturizers. Spring air contains more moisture, so swap out those heavy winter creams that might start to clog your pores as the temps rise for light moisturizers and serums that will allow your skin to breathe. Philosophy’s ‘Hope in a Jar’ moisturizer has become a favorite of mine. It gently hydrates the skin without it feeling like you’ve applied something incredibly thick onto your face.
3. Get a tint. Like your moisturizer, you’ll want to swap out heavy foundations. Tinted moisturizers, BB creams, and CC creams provide light, dewy coverage that is perfect for spring. My personal favorite is hands down the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer. It’s super lightweight and evens the skintone effortlessly.
4. Exfoliate…but not too much! It’s important to exfoliate your face and body all year round but after the winter, switch to one to two times a week. Going overboard can cause irritation and inflammation, which you definitely don’t want.
Lush’s Ocean Salt face and body scrub works for all skin types but it can be a bit rough for people who are highly sensitive.
5. SPF everything! Using products with skin protection is crucial as we head into the warmer months. And it’s not just your moisturizer that should have SPF–you need it in your lip balm too! Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm is a warm weather essential!
Let me know what products you use in the spring/summer seasons in the comments below!