Baking has always been one of my most favorite things, and so I thought I’d share some of my favorite recipes with you. Starting with these decadent banana nut muffins, which make for a great breakfast snack. Happy baking!
Prep Time: 15 minutes || Cook time: 30 minutes || Yield: Makes 12 minutes
3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon espresso or strong coffee (optional)
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cup of flour
1 cup chopped pecans (toasted or raw)
No need for a mixer with this recipe.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
2. Mix in the sugar, egg, espresso and vanilla.
3. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in.
4. Add the flour, mix until it is just incorporated. Fold in the chopped pecans.
5. Pour mixture into a prepared muffin tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Check for doneness with a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin. If it comes out clean, it’s done. Cool on a rack.